Friday, September 4, 2009

Audrey.... You Amaze Me!


About 9 months ago, Audrey informed me that she wanted a "Masquerade" themed party for her 7th Birthday. I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised, she listens to the "Phantom of the Opera" soundtrack at least every other day. Needless to say she had quite a while to dream up exactly how she wanted the party to go, down to the last detail!
So last Friday night at 7, we had 14 giddy little girls arrive totally decked out for a Masquerade that took place on our deck. Unfortunately, at the exact same stroke of seven, this nasty little flu bug that has been going around hit me like a ton of bricks, so Mommy spent the night on the bathroom floor. Luckily Joe is "The Man", and could take over flawlessly, (ok... well with a little help from Amy and Brandy.) Thank you for taking such wonderful pictures Amy, otherwise I really would have missed the whole thing!

We put up the big camping oning and strung up a small chandelier and lights everywhere. (Thanks Tom and Brandy....and thank you duct tape and zip ties!!)

Audrey looked adorable, and this cake was so fun to make! It's amazing what you can do with fondant. The cake mask we got at "Costume Display," along with that fantastic fan Audrey's holding.

1 comment:

  1. I finally began blog-stalking again! What a nice pay-off! I love the pictures of Audrey's cake, party. All was so creative--like mother like daughter!! It's YOU who amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete