Monday, January 7, 2013

May 2012

This was a fun cake I did for a family friend. The little girl, Cami, was turning 10 and had a "Mad Hatter" themed party. Let's just say I learned what I needed to about gravity doing this project and I continue to feel my imagination and sketching skills don't match the reality of my cake-making skills.
 As the school year was ending I realized that Joey and I were in much need of some one-on-one time.... it had been a crazy year with him in 6th grade and me being consumed with Primary and the baby. Joe was so awesome to help us plan a fun "Mom/Son date", and then took all the other kids so we had the whole day to ourselves! It was a very good thing.
 After spending the morning at the famous Seattle Farmer's Market: "Pike's Place"........
We went and visited the EMP (Experience Music Project). 

This was the perfect spot for this Beatles loving boy!

He got to try out every instrument he could think of, and some new ones we had never even heard of before. So fun! We added in a yummy lunch and the movies..... one of the best Saturday's I can remember!


These are the bouquets and boutonnieres I did for a wedding of one of my Mom's friends.


Joe's Dad, or better known in our house as Papa, came all the way up to visit us from Southeast Texas. We were so happy to have those 10 days with him. Memorial weekend gave us gorgeous weather! (and boy did we drag him everywhere!)

This is an incredible fort Joey and Audrey built in the woods when we were out for a picnic one day.


We took Papa up to Snoqualmie Ridge to see our new home. Yes we moved! And you could not have found a family more excited than ours. While moving a family of seven is pretty much a nightmare any way you slice it, spirits were high and the hope and anticipation of a new start in a beautiful community that was carefully hand picked was the overriding emotion felt and observed!


Our back yard looks out over 20 miles of beautiful wild life preserve. And we are about 3 miles down the road from the incredible Snoqualmie Falls. It feels like the Garden of Eden people! 


I love the picture below. Three generations of McNames men!

This was a special weekend for Joey, and really our entire family. He turned 12 and received the Aaronic Priesthood. He is an impressive young man in all the ways a mother would hope for, but he surprises me with very unique extra things that he has incorporated into his character and to be really honest the personal pride is overwhelming! Now don't get me wrong...... Joey is all boy! And you can tell by that mischievous look on his face, he probably has something "cooking". But I wouldn't change one thing about him, and I can't think of another human that I've come across that I would rather be the eldest and the example to my other four children.


 Just loved this picture! It almost captures mine and Audrey's relationship.


Townes is 6 months old!!! And this kid is happy....... 


I mean HAPPY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment